What You Can Do
1. Collect signatures for Rodney’s petition. You can find an online petition at change.org or a NEW petition at MoveOn.org. An informational fact sheet can be viewed here. You can table and petition for Rodney at your school, church, or community events!
2.Sign a clemency letter for Rodney addressed to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles. You can download and print a copy to mail or send an email. Write your own personalized letter or use the one on this site.
4. Read up on the case. Jordan Smith has a must read article at The Intercept, and she wrote extensively about the case while at The Austin Chronicle. You can find a series of articles on our Media page.
5. Host a screening of the documentary State vs. Reed, which is an incredible resource for showing the facts of the case. You can find it online here. A new, shorter video about the case called Framed also updates the case with new witnesses interviews.
6. Donate to Rodney’s legal fund . His lawyers are doing important ongoing investigation of evidence and witnesses, but none of this is paid for by the state. All funding comes pro-bono from the defense and from Rodney’s supporters. Just $75 can pay for one hour of investigation!
7. Get involved with Texas activists who are fighting for Rodney’s freedom. E-mail the Free Rodney Reed Campaign at email@example.com for more information. Check the Upcoming Events page for actions to get involved with.
8. Send Rodney a letter or card to show him he has support on the outside. You can send a letter to this address:
Rodney Reed #999271
Polunsky Unit Death Row
3872 FM 350 South
Livingston, Texas 77351
or use JPay to send an email:
The state of Texas has refused to correct its wrongs. Together we can be a force that’s impossible to ignore.