What You Can Do
1. Collect signatures for Rodney’s petition. You can find an online petition at change.org , at MoveOn.org , or with the Innocence Project. An informational fact sheet can be viewed here. You can table and petition for Rodney at your school, church, or community events!
2. Sign a clemency letter for Rodney addressed to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles. You can download and print a copy to mail or send an email. Write your own personalized letter or use the one on this site.
4. Read up on the case. Jordan Smith has a must-read article at The Intercept, and she wrote extensively about the case while at The Austin Chronicle. You can find a series of articles on our Media page.
5. Host a screenings of the various media treatments of the case including the new documentary “A Plea For Justice” created by people involved in the original documentary, State vs. Reed, which is an incredible resource for showing the facts of the case. You can find it online here.
6. Donate to Rodney’s legal fund . His lawyers are doing important ongoing investigation of evidence and witnesses, but none of this is paid for by the state. All funding comes pro-bono from the defense and from Rodney’s supporters. Just $75 can pay for one hour of investigation!
7. Get involved with Texas activists who are fighting for Rodney’s freedom. E-mail RodneyReedClemencyCampaign@gmail.com for more information. Check the Upcoming Events page for actions to get involved with.
8. Send Rodney a letter or card to show him he has support on the outside. You can send a letter to this address:
Rodney Reed #999271
Polunsky Unit Death Row
3872 FM 350 South
Livingston, Texas 77351
or use JPay to send an email:
The state of Texas has refused to correct its wrongs. Together we can be a force that’s impossible to ignore.